1. To keep your closet or drawers moth-free, fill a muslin sachet sized bag with equal parts of dried lavender and dried wormwood. Store in drawer or closet. After a few months, refresh by crusing bag gently between hands, replace in closet or drawer. Wormwood is anti-microbial and a natural insect repellent!
2. To treat laundry stains: resoak stains with hydrogen peroxide or white vinegar...a little goes a long way. Drying your clothes in the sunshine helps as sunlight is a natural bleach.
3. La Lavenderia Herbal Laundry Detergent: Brew a handful of lavender & wormwood stems/flowers/leaves in a large pot of water, then strain. Add 1 1/2 - 2 cups of this strained herbal water to an empty glass jar or bottle, then add 1/2 cup castile-based liquid soap (like Dr. Bronners unscented, or lavender scented), or you can shave a solid castile soap bar into the bottle. Add 2 Tbsp baking soda (which acts as a fabric softener, reduces static cling) & 1/8 cup of white vinegar or apple cider vinegar, which is also fabric softener. Use a bit of this mixture in your wash, and it will smell great and be disinfected naturally! It's non-toxic, safe on skin, and lavender is not only a natural cleanser, it has a calming scent too! Sweet!
4. Safe & Natural Insecticide: boric acid kills ants, or sprinkle it on your carpets to deter fleas. Wipe ant trails in your home with the following mixture: Dilute hot sauce in water, add a dash of cinnamon, and a few red pepper flakes. Then spray across trail, wipe, and watch them leave: it will upset their ability to pick up the scent of their old trail! Organic, inexpensive and doesn't burn skin!
5. To clean your toilets, first scrub with brush, flush, then add 1 tsp each of lavender & thyme essential oil to 1 cup of hydrogen peroxide. Add to the toilet, let sit for an hour or longer before flushing.
6. For toilets stained with rust or hard water deposits, baking soda or citric acid can be used to scour those stains without ruining the enamel.
For more information on any of these natural recipes, check out veria.com! : )